Sunday, June 21, 2009

David Villa Seeing Why It's Not Easy To Be One Of The Best Players In The World:



Who knows what exactly is going on in the background but David Villa is still managing to play well for Spain even though his club team, Valencia, are playing hardball as they try to sell him to another team:

"Last week was not easy at all. I admit that it's been bad for me. I wouldn't wish all this on anybody but, with the advice of my family, I've erased it all from my mind," he said.

"Also I've tried to have respect for the national team and my team-mates. I don't want them to see what I'm going through,

"Away from the pitch there are times when I'm worse. Nevertheless, when I go out on the pitch I try to show what I can do.

"On the pitch is where I feel better and I'm proud to be part of this national team, not only for the great team that it is but also for the great human quality." (Source)

> Here is where Villa currently stands in Bestplayerintheworld.com rankings as of 10am Eastern Standard Time on Sunday June 21, 2009:

Lionel Messi 45% (939 votes)
Cristiano Ronaldo 22% (461 votes)
Steven Gerrard 7% (146 votes)
Andres Iniesta 4% (79 votes)
Fernando Torres 3% (61 votes)
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 2% (49 votes)
Kaka 2% (45 votes)
Frank Lampard 2% (36 votes)
Wayne Rooney 1% (28 votes)
Ronaldinho 1% (28 votes)
Andrei Arshavin 1% (23 votes)
Franck Ribery 1% (16 votes)
Nemanja Vidic 1% (15 votes)
Luka Modric 1% (15 votes)
Didier Drogba 1% (14 votes)
Xavi Hernandez 1% (14 votes)
Robinho 1% (14 votes)
Cesc Fabregas 1% (13 votes)
19. David Villa 1% (11 votes)
Samuel Eto'o 1% (11 votes)
Iker Casillas 1% (11 votes)
Arjen Robben <1% (9 votes)
Petr Cech <1% (7 votes)
Emmanuel Adebayor <1% (5 votes)
Gianluigi Buffon <1% (6 votes)
Sergio (Kun) Aguero <1% (5 votes)
Ashley Young <1% (7 votes)
Total Votes: 2068

Given the pressures Villa alludes to, it makes you wonder what kind of pressure current 2nd Best Player In The World, Cristiano Roanldo, has been under as he and his people tried to negotiate a move away from the formidable Manchester United organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing to the Best Player in the World project.